In no particular order . . . .
My Kids . . . (that picture is one of my favorites from about 8 years ago . . . )
- The oldest boy is transferring to a different college, out of town, and will be heading off in less than 30 days. I’m excited for him (he’s excited himself) and excited for me. He exhausts me in a way I can’t quite explain.
- At 13 ½ the youngest is turning into a pretty awesome teenager. After living through the early teenage years of the oldest (the word “hell” comes to mind, but at times it was so much worse) I’m kind of looking forward to this one’s teenage existence. (I can’t believe I said that.)
- The oldest boy turned 19 without issue eleven days ago. I’m extremely proud of the young man he is today – but the road was long and super fuckin’ winding. . . .
- On the boy’s birthday, eleven days ago, his father proposed a truce with me. If I would untie my “chains” on him he would quit talking poorly about me to everyone who will listen and communicate directly with me about the children when necessary. I questioned the chains he was referring to since the courts relieved him of his duty to pay child and spousal support two years ago. He expressed his belief that the court’s order was only valid for 3 years and he wanted it valid forever. My response? Okay. I’ve gotten over his lack of monetary input in my life – and have thrived in spite of it. I will do whatever is necessary to make the order final. The peacefulness in my childrens’ life (and my life as well) is worth that.
- The Ex got a job. I’m honestly thrilled by that fact. Happy for him. Happy for my kids. Happy for me. Truly.
Running . . .
- I ran my best ten miles since my car accident last Sunday and it re-ignited my love of running.
- Once a die-hard pre-dawn runner, I’ve begun running in the evenings and I’m enjoying it! (I’m surprised by that fact).
- I ran with a new Chick on Tuesday night. She had never run more than 6 miles but is running her first half marathon on the 15th. She was hoping to get in 7 or 8. We ran 8.6 miles. It was one of the most effortless runs I’ve ever experienced – her natural pace matches mine perfectly and the talking and laughing was non-stop. I’d guess we could have run 5 more miles without thinking about it. I know she’ll be fine at the half.
- I’m planning to Maniac next year by running 4 marathons in 37 days. Ha. Yeah, I know to some of you it may sound a little crazy – but for all of you who think it sounds crazy, there are an equal number of you saying “sounds reasonable to me!”
- I’m planning to run the Autumn Leaves 50 miler in October, 2013. That should be a cinch after 4 marathons in 37 days. Right?
Blue Eyes . . .
- Wants to marry me.
- Recently, after almost 2 months I finally had an evening alone in my house. Just me and my dog. It was spectacularly wonderful. I realized that I really like being alone. That makes me worry about #1.
- When I first divorced I said I would NEVER get married again . . . Blue Eyes has caused me to soften my position.
- Still, I’m not sure I want to get married again. . .
- BUT if I do, there will be no marriage for me until my kidlet graduates from high school. That happens in 4 ½ years.
- Blue Eyes knows #5 and is willing to wait.
Vacation . . .
- I leave with two 19-year-olds and one 13-year-old for Hawaii in 11 days. Happy, happy, happy.
- When we come back, the boys will spend a week with their father . . . it’s like another vacation for me, immediately after the first! Happy, happy, happy.
- Next years vacations are already being planned . . . carribean cruise with the boys and Mexico with blue eyes. . . I love vacation! I love my life! Yes. I. Do.
Happy December lovely people!