Happy New Year Word Press Peeps!
It’s 9 days into the New Year and I have yet to post anything remotely close to reflective about last year. I keep a calendar for the year and make note of things I believe I might possibly care about when I look back the following year (or years as it may be) to reflect. Here are some things I found of interest when I looked back:
My love life:
- I had contact with “B” 10 times, either by phone, email or in person. I’m shooting for zero times in 2013 because he really pissed me off the last time.
- I dated 3 different guys, but one I shouldn’t even count, the second (the Young One) I quit seeing in May and the rest of the year it was all Blue Eyes.
- Blue Eyes told me he loved me (the first time) in March. I realized, allowed myself, admitted I loved him in June.
- Blue Eyes sent me flowers at work 7 times; and brought flowers to my house 27 times.
- I bought my son his first car.
- My oldest graduated from high school, started college and got his first job.
- My youngest turned into a teenager, and a cool one at that.
- My ex-husband and I have agreed on a “truce” whereby allowing us to parent our children without unnecessary bullshit/drama (I’m hopeful)
- I went on ten trips out of town in 2012.
- Vegas twice, San Francisco, Seattle, Cannon Beach, Newport, Seaside, Manzanita, Hawaii and a driving trip with my youngest son where we dipped into California for a bit before heading back up the coast of Oregon.
- I don’t know how many miles I ran for the entire year because while I keep track of other minutia that little detail fell by the wayside. (And I suck at Daily Mile and uploading my Garmin data)
- I only ran 1 marathon even though I had planned to run 3 and 1 ultra. However, that 1 marathon was the best experience/marathon ever and I give a great deal of credit to Blue Eyes for making it so.
- I quit drinking coffee at the end of March, for no reason, but I’m happy with the status quo.
- I quit wearing make-up in August, again for no reason, and I’m happy with that too.
- My favorite aunt died.
- My grandmother (who passed away in 2011) left me an extremely unexpected ($24K) inheritance that is all gone, and was gone shortly after I got it in March, because . . . well, I can spend some money. Seriously! And I have no regrets.
Other notable things:
- I met a fellow Word Press blogger in person and love her. We’ve gone hiking together, to the movies and dinner, and I consider her a friend.
- I went to 4 concerts: Slash, Bonnie Raitt, Train and Storm Large. Train was the best, although Slash was pretty awesome even though I was deaf for 2 solid days and Storm Large was AMAZING (I love her)
- I was in the worst car accident I’ve ever been in in July and now that I’ve recovered I blame many things on that accident. My lack of running (even though I don’t have any precise figures), my gained weight (oh, I’ve got figures but I’m not sharing them with you!) and my uneasiness on the freeway.
All in all it was a pretty wonderful year and I am very grateful. 2013 has quite a bit of potential and I’m excited to see how it plays out.
Here is the little blurb given to me by Word Press which initiated my thoughts on the last year!
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
4,329 films were submitted to the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. This blog had 50,000 views in 2012. If each view were a film, this blog would power 12 Film Festivals
Happy New Year People. It blows my mind that my blog was viewed 50,000 times but again, I’m grateful.