Just popping in to say hi because I have nothing else to tell you. Ha!
Life is the same, or possibly a little different in sometimes difficult ways. I don’t have enough of anything that would spin a good blog post so I will just give you some randomness.
Um… Where do I start?
- I’m training for a marathon again. After Timberline last year I wasn’t sure I’d ever say those words again, so that’s good, right? This is week two and it’s going well. Of course Mother Nature fucked up the plans for week one by snowing and showering freezing rain on us. Since I don’t run in snow, ice or slushy dirty deceptively solid appearing matter a day and a half after an ice storm I moved my days around and hit all but one of my runs. Not bad for me. This week there’s no snow, just rain but this IS Oregon.
- This past weekend I had an ugly, crying breakdown as I tried to finish a research paper, my first ever in my life mind you, for my College Composition 1 class. I stress this is College Comp 1 because College Comp 2 starts on March 27th. I used to have this delusional belief that I could actually write. Turns out I don’t know jack shit and Professor V is having a field day making sure I realize this. Tears people! Serious tears. And the final paper isn’t due for 3 weeks! This was just the outline and a draft but FUCK if it didn’t do a number on me. There are four weeks left of this first ten week term and on Saturday I wondered what possessed me, at 47, to start down this road. But after the tears came a calmness and I’m okay now. As my 14 year old son told me, I got this.
- Staying with the school thing for one more bullet….. On March 27th, when College Comp 2 starts, it will be paired with Anatomy and Physiology 1. What was it the boy said? Oh. Yeah. I. Got. This.
- Work. Eh. It’s busy as hell which doesn’t jibe well with all my homework and marathon training and that other responsibility I have. What was it again? Oh, yeah, being the mother of a 14 year old who requires dinner on occasion and some parental input once in awhile. But I have a job, I love my boss, I had a good review and will find out in the next ten days the size of my raise and bonus so that’s something
- My debt, while not moving at lightening speed is going in the right direction. Namely down. I just have to be diligent and keep taking baby steps. Ironically someone used one of my credit cards and the credit card company caught it. I’m grateful for their diligence but you wouldn’t believe the hoops I have to jump through to now prove to them that I’m me. My account is frozen until their satisfied, which might piss me off if I intended to use my card. But I don’t so it can stay frozen as long as they like.
- Blue Eyes is good. Actually he’s great. End of story.
- Vacation is 32 days away. Looking forward to getting out of town to go somewhere warm. But since it’ll be March it won’t be too warm.
- I have a weather app on my phone that tells me every day what the weather is like in Honolulu. Not just at that precise moment but hour by hour and the extended forecast too. Blue Eyes thinks it tortures me to look at that every day. He’s wrong though. It keeps me focused. Pay debt down…go visit Jenny.
I think that’s it, people. Disjointed as it is, this is what’s happening. I will leave you with a few pictures. First, my kiddo and his girlfriend went to dinner on Valentines Day and this a picture of them before dinner. I think they like each other.
Next, the oldest child has been talking about getting a dog for awhile. I’ve been discouraging that because I don’t think he understands the responsibility of a dog, or the expense and he’s an unemployed college student. So HE didn’t get a dog, but his best friend and roommate got a dog, who promptly chewed up my kids power cord to his computer “um, hello Mom? You’re not going to believe why I can’t do my homework….” We visited the college boys and their new roommate on Saturday and can you say cute!?! Meet Luna.
And finally I asked the Facilities Department at work if I could get a new I.D. Badge because I hated that my original one was me with short hair, from over three years ago. The lady in power said yes and took the best picture of me ever (in recent times anyway). She gave me my new badge and then emailed the picture to me so I could use it on Facebook and Linked In if I chose to do so. Which I did, so I feel obligated to share it here. This is a good picture of me. Despite my gray hair.
Oh, and one more…. I posted this on Blue Eyes Facebook wall in honor of Valentines Day. I thought it was funny…..
Peace people! I will write again after Blue Eyes and I get back from the Grand Canyon and before I’m buried in writing and anatomy homework!